Happy January! Talk about a FUN start to our brand new year! *SNOW DAY!* What an awesome way to build experiences to write about!
- TODAY, (Jan. 24th), Is a FULL day of school. We will not be releasing early as planned on the District Calendar.
- CHAMPs Assembly on FRIDAY, Jan. 26th! Our class will lead the CHAMPs Assembly ON STAGE with Ms. Jones’ class. Parents are encouraged to be here! You child will be a very special part of this assembly. The assembly is from 8:00-8:30 am in the Elementary Cafeteria.
- MONDAY, Jan. 29th is our *100th* day of school! HOORAY! I can’t believe we have been in school for 100 days! PLEASE check your child’s folder for information. I need you help with a special snack we are making on this day.
Thank you for all of your love and support! 🙂
Hi Everyone! I hope you are all having a great week! We are full on fun in room 103! We have also stayed VERY healthy so far and would like to keep it that way!
I am sure you have heard by now that there is A LOT of sickness traveling around the school. I am taking extra precautions in the classroom to keep our group as healthy as possible.
I NEED YOUR HELP!
*****PLEASE make sure you are sending your child with a bottle of water EVERY day! This is a HUGE way to help protect them from getting sick.
I have a diffuser purifying the air and Lysol sprayed every hour! I will do whatever it takes to keep us as healthy as possible!
A *HUGE* thank you for all of you supporting our classroom during this time of year! You have sent beautiful, decorated Christmas trees, snacks and soon the penny Christmas gifts! I am grateful for all of you!
I hope to see you all at the Christmas party! If you are new to WO school parties, please know that this is a HUGE deal! Parents make an extra effort to celebrate with their kids. (ESPECIALLY in Kindergarten!) Most students will leave the party and go home with their parents to begin the Christmas break.
By the way….HOW did we get here so quick???????? Teaching Kindergarten always seems to fly by but NOW that my OWN baby is in Kindergarten, I’m EXTRA sad that we are halfway through the school year! TIME…please SLOW down!!
Merry Christmas! 🙂
We are celebrating today that Sonic Drive-in Donated to our second project today! YAY! We have $70 to fulfill this wishlist. If you know anyone who would like to donate, please spread the word and send them to this link….—->https://www.donorschoose.org/project/color-our-classroom/2769683/?utm_source=api&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=bodylink&utm_campaign=DONORSCHOOSE&more=true&rf=page-siteshare-2017-10-project-teacher_398556&challengeid=32656
Every dollar, every vote, every sticker counts! I am incredibly thankful for your support! I received our classroom printer after school and got it all set up! I printed a color word song book as my first project for tomorrow. I’m excited for all the opportunities we will have using this printer this year! 🙂
Thank you for ALL that you do! It’s such a honor to teach your child!
I was not at school today and had a substitute in my classroom. She gave each student an orange smiley/pumpkin-like face. After talking to several of you, it has come to my attention that this face is GREAT face! It does NOT mean your child pulled their ticket to “orange” today.
I apologize for the confusion!
I missed my *sweet* group today! See you all tomorrow! 🙂
Happy Tuesday! We are celebrating in ROOM 103 because we got our FIRST project funded by Sonic Drive-In with the help of one of our students’ Grandparents who donated! YAY! We have LOTS of awesome technology and supplies heading our way in a couple of week! I will post some pictures when it arrives! In the meantime, keep sending Sonic Stickers, vote each day or donate if you’d like to for our SECOND project: “Color our Classroom!” Here is the link for voting:
*The rumors are true! Students who bring Sonic Stickers get a treasure box prize as soon as they get to school!! 😉 We appreciate you and ALL of your support!
Reminders for the week:
- Early Release tomorrow at 11:30.
- PLEASE send a water bottle EVERY day with your child! They may leave the bottle at school for the week or take them home daily. On Fridays, I ask all students to take their bottles home to be cleaned. As we enter the fall/winter seasons with all the different sicknesses going around we try to prevent sharing too many germs! Providing your child with a bottle will keep them from coming in contact with ALLLLL the sick germs all over the water fountain. The best learners are healthy learners! 🙂
- I TRY to post each week but sometimes time gets away from me! It’s my goal to be better! 🙂 If I don’t post about sight words each week, please know they are already posted! There is a page link at the top of this blog that says “SIGHT WORDS”. On this page is a weekly layout of our “sight word” schedule. We are beginning *cOlOr WoRdS* this week!
Thank you for ALL that you do!
Mrs. Busha 🙂
WOW! We’ve officially been in school for a MONTH today! Time flies when you’re having fun–we are surely doing that!
REMINDERS for ****THIS**** week:
- Parent Orientation is on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 from 5:30-6:30.
- Picture Day is on Thursday, September 21. Pre-pay online at LifeTouch–click link below:
What’s going on in Room 103?
- Sight Words: see, me (review I, can, like, am, on, the) Take time each night (less than 10 minutes) to review ALL of these words. Make sure your child can *READ* and *WRITE* this word.
- Reading: Sorting and recognizing letters, words, and sentences. Also, focusing on a *CAPITAL* letters and punctuation.
- Writing: Together (Interactive) and independently working on writing sentences about *FALL* and using our sight words.
- Math: 3D Shapes (comparing to 2D shapes), counting to 100, number talks with ten frames, and making groups up to 10 using math manipulatives.
- Penmanship: Numbers and letters–learning to write from TOP to BOTTOM!
- Science/Social Studies: Learning about Johnny Appleseed!
Stay tuned in to our blog…our FIRST Limeades for Learning project goes *LIVE* on Monday, September 25th! Get ready for some Sonic drinks in your life–we NEED your help! 🙂
Thank you for *ALL* that you do!
Mrs. Busha (Mrs. Pinkalicious 😉 )
Welcome to our class blog! If you are reading this, then I have successfully added you to receive updates, pictures, and what we are learning in class! You will receive an e-mail every time I post to keep you up to date!
We’ve had an INCREDIBLE start to the school year! I truly have the *SWEETEST* class at White Oak Primary! I have loved the opportunity to get to know all of your children so far! They are each so unique and special to my life already!
Here’s a glance at what we are learning at school right now:
-Classroom Rules/Expectations we are focusing on this week:
- Raise your hand to speak–Please do not blurt out!
- No sounds in our line.
- Quiet voices in the classroom.
(Can you tell we love to talk in room 103? 😉 )
- Hip Hop Alphabop: Letter names and sounds
- Penmanship for Letters Aa, Bb (Write letters starting from TOP to bottom).
- Holding pencil correctly/holding scissors and cutting correctly.
- Sight words: Like, Am
- Forming a sentence using the sight words…. “I like me.” “I am Mrs. Busha.”
- Big Book– I Like Me.
- Concepts of print–Cover of book, spine, title page.
- OUR NAME!!! Write it/read it/recognize it/color it/see it/OWN IT! 🙂
- Counting to 100.
- Counting down from 20.
- The shapes: Square, circle, rectangle, triangle and their attributes.
- Calendar– Days of the week, months of the year, yesterday/tomorrow.
- Number Talks– Ten Frames with numbers 1-5.
- Penmanship for numbers 3, 4.
Thank you for all of your patience and support as we get this year rolling! I’m so excited to watch your child grow and learn this school year!
Please take time each night to work on sight words for the week, writing first name (and last name if your child has already mastered first name) and counting to 20.
**Comment below if you have read this post! (Click ‘Leave a Reply’ at the top of the blog post!) I LOVE to hear from all of you and want to make sure you are receiving my updates! Thank you! 🙂 **